Synteko RE-COVER is a maintenance oil for periodic maintenance of hardwood and cork floors treated with our floor oils
AREA OF USE: for periodic maintenance
- Oxygen curing
- Faintly smelling
- Ready to use
COVERAGE: 50 – 100 m²/l, depending on tools and wood species
- Rubber spatula, 300 – 500 mm width or non-flocculent floor cloth for application
- Non-flocculent floor cloth for polishing
- Clean tools with white spirit (UK)/mineral spirits (USA)
- Base Material: Alkyd ester Solids
- Content: Approx. 77%
- Solvent: Aromatic free white spirit (UK) /mineral spirit (USA)
- Density: Approx. 910 kg/m³ (8,64 lbs./gal US) (10,37 lb/gal UK)
- Fire Hazards: Flammable. Flash point +40°C (104°F)
- Time For Application: It is recommended to wait about 3 hours after the last application before the final buffing is made
- Drying Time: Approx. 2-4 hours
- Storage: Store frost-free. Must be stored between +5°C (+50°F) and +30°C (+86°F)
- Self Life: 24 months in unopened container from production date (s. package)
- Package Size: 1L
BEFORE USING THE FLOOR
- Do not use vapour-proof, non-skid underlays or other coverings
- Attach felt pads to the legs of chairs and tables in order to avoid scratching the finish.
- Vacuum or dry mop floors regularly
- Be sure to start regular maintenance before the surface is worn through to bare wood.
- NB! Place all organic materials like cloth in a metal container filled with water for at least 16 hours to avoid self-combustion. Dispose of them according to regulations.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
For periodic maintenance of floors treated with Synteko oils use Synteko RE-COVER 1620. How often you use it will depend on the amount of traffic and how often the floor is cleaned: normally every other year for residential areas approx. 2 – 4 times per year for commercial areas. Regular maintenance will restore the lustre of the floor and keep it looking beautiful. Be sure to begin regular maintenance before you wear through to the bare wood. You can also use RE-COVER for local repairing. Clean the floor with a Synteko REMOVER (s. separate Product Information) solution. Make sure the floor is completely dry before applying Synteko RE-COVER. Apply it thinly with a rubber spatula, floor cloth or similar. Allow the floor to absorb the RE-COVER for 10–15 minutes before applying it again (if necessary). Let the surface dry for 20 minutes and polish the floor with a clean, dry, non-flocculent floor cloth. The floor may be used after 2–4 hours. Read also separate product information for RE-COVER 1620.