Synteko NATURAL is an alkyd based solvent-free, faintly smelling oil with excellent properties. The oil is formulated for treatment of wood floors but also cork floors, wooden stairs, windowsills, benches etc.
AREA OF USE:
especially recommended in areas where a high wear resistance is needed
- no solvent
- practically odour-less
- excellent coverage
- short drying time
- easy to use
- excellent resistance to wear
- can be tinted with Synteko
TINTING PASTE 1675 COVERAGE:
15–60 m²/l, depending on tools and wood species
- Rubber spatula, 300-500 mm width
- Red pad
- Non-flocculent cotton cloth or trowel for polishing
- Clean tools with white spirit (UK).
- Place used pads, cloths, spillages and waste in a sealed, water filled metal container immediately after use
- BASE MATERIAL: Alkyd ester
- SOLVENTS: No solvent
- SOLIDS CONTENT: Approx. 99%
- DENSITY: Approx. 955 kg/m³ (8,64 lbs./gal US) (10,37 lb/gal UK)
- FIRE HAZARDS: Not flammable
- TIME FOR APPLICATION: It is recommended to wait about 3 hours after the last application before the final buffing is made
- DRYING TIME: Approx. 16 hours at 23°C (73°F)/50% RH
- STORAGE: Store frost-free. Must be stored between +10°C (+50°F) and +30°C (+86°F)
- SELF LIFE: 24 months in unopened container from production date (s. package)
- PACKAGE SIZE: 1L, 5L
BEFORE USING THE FLOOR
- The floor can be used 1-2 days after the last polishing
- Do not wet a floor treated with Synteko floor oils during the first week
- Wait for 3 days before laying rugs or carpets
- Do notuse vapour-proof, non-skid underlays or other coverings
- Attach felt pads to the legs of chairs and tables in order to avoid scratching the finish.
- Vacuum or dry-mop floors regularly
- Do not allow unabsorbed oil to dry! Dried unabsorbed oil produces glossy spots on the surface.
- Too much oil will result in a longer drying time and longer time for over-coating.
- On wood with low absorption, leave some areas untreated during the first application. These areas will be
filled during the redistribution procedure.
- The oxygen curi ng process will be extremely slow if the temperature is below 18 °C.
- Floor heating system must be turned on during application and polishing.
- Do not polish the surface while warm so as to avoid bleeding back of the oil.
- Be sure to start regular maintenance before the surface is worn through to bare wood.
- NB! Place all organic materials like cloth in a metal container filled with water for at least 16 hours to avoid
self-combustion. Dispose of them according to regulations.
SYNTEKO NATURAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE
PREPARATION OF UNFINISHED FLOORS OR FLOORS WHERE OLD FINISH MUST BE REMOVED SANDING
Sand floors using accepted MFMA, NWFA or NOFMA procedures (US). Machine sand the surface to remove old treatments and impurities in the wood. Sand the floor to bare wood – free from old finish, dirt and unevenness. The first sanding is done with a coarse sandpaper and high roller pressure. Make the floor surface as even as possible. If the floor is uneven in spots, sand locally to even out these areas. The final sanding is done with 100-120 grit sandpaper or screen, and with the lowest possible roller pressure. Important! Vacuum and tack the floor before applying Synteko floor oil. Do not forget to remove dust on skirtings, windowsills, radiators, etc.
The mixing of NATURAL 1608 oil with TINTING PASTE 1675 is easily done by adding the tinting paste to the oil and shaking the container thoroughly (see separate product information) . Always use full tubes of tinting paste. Be sure to completely empty the tube into the oil in order to avoid colour differences
DURING THE USE:
- The oil should have room temperature.
- Floor temperature must be between 15 and 25°C (60 to 77°F)
- Floor moisture content must be between 5 and 15%
- The moisture content of the wood should be between 5% and 12%.
- Shake the can carefully before and during use.
- Do not apply areas larger than 25 m² at a time (10 m² at a time in good drying conditions).
SYNTEKO NATURAL DIRECTIONS FOR USE APPLICATION AND POLISHING
Before starting work, protect adjacent areas against splashing and spilling. The number of coats necessary depends on how much oil the floor will absorb. The best result is obtained with several thinner coats. Softwoods and beech absorb more; hard and exotic (oily) woods absorb less oil. The wood should be well fed, but not overfed. Plan your work well, large areas should be divided into smaller areas of 15 – 50 m2 (161 – 538ft²) or areas which are possible
145.03088361263275″>to handle in 20 minutes.
In hot, dry weather the areas should be further reduced. Shake the can carefully before and during the use. Apply Synteko NATURAL with an applicator with rubber blade (squeegee), with a steel spatula or pour directly on floor and distribute with red pad. Use a small brush or a small applicator in areas where it is difficult to reach with the normal applicator. Too much oil in puddles will splash around. Use 150 r.p.m. or similar adjustment of the buffer. Redistribute the oil with a red pad – it is necessary to start within 20 minutes in normal temperatures. Add more oil if necessary.
Repeat the process as long as the wood is absorbing the oil. When the wood is saturated, rub the whole surface with a red pad using a 150 r.p.m. buffer. Remove all excess oil with a non-flocculent cotton cloth and a red pad. Change cloth or pad when it is filled up. After 3 – 4 hours the floor must be buffed using a red pad. Final polishing is done with a dry non-flocculent cotton cloth wrapped around the pad and 150-300 r.p.m. adjustment of the buffer.
Note: Do not allow unabsorbed oil to dry! Dried unabsorbed oil gives glossy spots on the surface. Re-polish secondary bleeding of oil with red pad before exposure to traffic 1 to 2 days after final polishing. Wait for 3 days before placing rugs or carpets and do not use vapour proof, non-skid underlayments or other coverings.
SYNTEKO FLOOR OILS CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Surfaces treated with Synteko floor oils are easy to keep clean. Regular maintenance will restore your floor’s lustre and keep it looking beautiful for very long time. Vacuum cleaning and, if necessary, mopping with a Synteko SOAP
1617 solution and a well wrung cloth is normally sufficient.
Marks from rubber heels, shoe polish, lipstick, ink, etc. should be removed immediately with Synteko REMOVER 1692 or with mineral spirits. Avoid scrubbing with coarse brush or strong detergents.
For periodic maintenance of floors treated with Synteko oils use Synteko RE-COVER 1620. How often you use it will depend on the amount of traffic and how often the floor is cleaned:
normally every other year for residential areas approx. 2–4 times per year for commercial areas. Be sure to begin regular maintenance before you wear through to the bare wood. You can also use RE-COVER for local repairing.