Sikkens CETOL FILTER 7 PLUS
TR satin durable
Translucent solvent borne, exterior satin wood stain with excellent durability.
Main properties / U.S.P.’s Excellent resistance to UV – radiation, resulting in a flexible and longer lasting coating; Weather-resistant; Its high transparency ensures optimum visibility of the wood grain; Micro porous; Water – repellent; No dirt pick up; Simple maintenance; Very easy application; Based on air-drying alkyd resins.
As a topcoat in translucent systems for dimension stable soft-and hardwood constructions.
Selling profit Centers International product, sold in: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK.
- Gloss Approx. : 35-45 GU/60° (ASTM D523)
- Color Available in the Cetol Design Concept and Natural Balance translucent color collection.
- All colors can be mixed in any proportion. The final color of the Cetol Filter 7 plus system greatly depends on the wood species to which it is applied.
- Density Approx. : 0,93 kg/dm 3
- Packaging viscosity Approx. : 150 – 200m Pa.s., ICI Rotothinner, 23°C
- Solids content By weight : Approx. 59%
- By volume : Approx. 53%
- Volatile Organic Compound Class A/e : max 500 g/L (2007) max 400 g/L (2010) Cetol Filter 7 contains max 377g / L
- VOC Drying at 20°C/65% RH
- Dust dry : After approx. 3 hours
- Recoatable : After approx. 16 hours
- Outdoor durability 3 years for a 3-coat system.
- Durability greatly depends on location, elevation and by the quality of The lighter colors of translucent products are less outdoor durable. This is why the low pigmented colors of Filter 7 plus are based on Base TU, reinforced with UV absorber and HALS. This will result in comparable durability with the other translucent colors of the product.
Durability greatly depends on location, elevation and by the quality of wood, design, construction, glazing, condition of interior paint-work, method of application adopted, etc.
Timber moisture content Moisture content of timber to be coated should not exceed 16% New woodwork Apply a priming coat of Cetol HLS plus/ HLS extra for softwood or Cetol Filter 7 plus for hardwood in selected color. Where necessary, stop with tinted putty. Apply 2 finishing coats of Cetol Filter 7 plus. For best results, it is necessary to keep the interval between application of these coats as short as possible. This period should not exceed 1 month.Maintenance Depending on the condition of the finish , clean, degrease and sand down thoroughly. Repair any color defects with Cetol HLS plus/ HLS extra or Cetol Filter 7 plus in the right color and apply one further coat of Cetol Filter 7 plus overall. Transparency In order to maintain the translucent appearance of a Cetol Filter 7 plus finish also over a longer period, it is recommended to use light colors, 077 or 006, for example, for maintenance applications. Notes: Covering of horizontal surfaces During construction, it is recommended to cover horizontal surfaces with plastic or aluminum foil to prevent dirt pick – up by mortar and cement. Notes: Merbau Merbau contains dark – colored extractives, which easily dissolve in water and leach out (bleeding). To prevent this process, Merbau elements should not be installed untreated in houses under construction, but previously be treated with a minimum of two coats of Cetol Filter 7 plus. On site complete the system by applying one or two coats of Cetol Filter 7 plus.
Notes: Application over other and defective products Cetol Filter 7 plus can also be applied over intact translucent stain, Cetol THB and Cetol HLS plus/ HLS extra coatings. Strip off defective coatings completely, sand down to bare wood and proceed as specified for new work. Notes: Durability – indication opal – and pop – colors The color 014 is less durable than expected.
- Application conditions Temperature between : 5 – 35°C
- Relative humidity maximum : 85%
- Application methods Ready for use after thorough stirring
- Thinner : Do not thin
- Percentage thinner :
- Viscosity : Ready for use
- Cleaning of equipment Clean the brushes and equipment immediately with White Spirit
- Advised layer thickness At 20°C/65% RH
- Dry : Approx. 18 microns per coat
- Wet : Approx. 55 microns
- Dry layer thickness 18 microns, approx. 20 m²/Liter
- A Cetol Filter 7 system should have a minimum dry film thickness of approx. 35–40 microns.
- Practical coverage Dry layer thickness 18 microns, approx. 16 m²/Liter.
- Coverage greatly depends on the wood species under treatment, the surface condition, and the method and of application and conditions during application.